Carol A. Baidas graduated from University of Scranton with a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1986. Ms. Baidas received her Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University , Claude W. Petit School of Law in 1989. Ms. Baidas Was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in December 1989 and became an Assistant District Attorney in Scranton, Pennsylvania in January 1990. Ms. Baidas became a Deputy District Attorney in 1995 and became the Unit Head of the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s DUI Unit, Juvenile Division, and later the Domestic and Family Violence Unit. As a result of her tenure in the District Attorney’s Office, Ms. Baidas has extensive litigation experience. Ms. Baidas remained a Deputy District Attorney until relocating to California in 2006.
Ms. Baidas has authored Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Investigation curricula currently utilized by the Pennsylvania State Police Municipal Police Officer Academy. Ms. Baidas was an instructor in the Pennsylvania State Police Municipal Police Officer Academy specializing in criminal law, criminal procedure, child abuse, and search and seizure from 1989 to 2006.
Ms. Baidas was admitted to the California State Bar in May 2009.
Current Employment Position(s): Associate
Areas of Practice:
- Business & Commercial Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Immigration & Naturalization Law
- Personal Injury — Defense
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1989
Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio, 1989 J.D.
University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania, 1986 B.A.
- Lackawanna County Domestic Violence Protocol, District Attorney’s Office, 2003 – 2006
- Pennsylvania Criminal Law & Procedure, MPOTEC (Police Academy), 1990 – 2006
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Offices of Kathleen O’Connor, Law Clerk, 2007 – 2008
- Lackawanna County District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney, 1990 – 2006